NATIONAL PARKS & WILDLIFE SERVICE
WOLLONGONG, NSW, 2500
Classification: Ranger Grade 1/2
Employment Status: Temporary
Duration: ASAP up to 13th June 2017
• Develop and implement the Gulaga/Bellbrook Fire Management Strategy
• Develop and implement the Gulaga weeds and pest strategy with particular emphasis on lantana eradication and fox control programs
• Assist field staff in planning and development of the Gulaga Saddle to Summit track, Bellbrook Loop track and other planned visitor facilities.
The Office of Environment and Heritage leads policy and reform in environment regulation, sustainability, biodiversity and native vegetation, coastal protection and Aboriginal cultural heritage. We manage 6.8 million hectares of national parks and reserves and the Heritage branch within OEH works with communities to identify important places and objects and provides guidance in looking after heritage items.
National Parks and Wildlife Service manages, conserves and cares for land in national parks and reserves. NPWS links customer, conservation and cultural outcomes in a sustainable way by building participation in the management and use of parks.
Primary purpose of the role: Provides effective management of natural, historic and Aboriginal heritage by undertaking, coordinating and supervising projects, environmental assessments, visitor and stakeholder liaison, and field based activities including bushfire management and law enforcement. Contributes to ensuring OEH obligations and aims are met through the conservation of the natural and cultural heritage values of parks.
• Provide your personal information as prompted
• Attach your resume that sets out your education, work history and other facts about yourself that relate to the role (maximum of 4 pages);
• Attach a cover letter that is relevant to the role (maximum of 1 page).
• Complete all the questions in the online application. Two of the questions will require you to provide specific examples from your experience (4000 character limit per question). These questions are shown below. Do not address these in your cover letter.
Q1.Tell us about an instance when you needed to organise time and resources to complete a project. How did you identify the resources necessary? What did you do to organise the time for those involved to complete the project? How was the project progressed?
Q2. Describe a situation when you had to learn how to apply a new technological resource to complete a task. How did you learn this new resource and how did it impact on your outputs?
The information provided in your application needs to show how you meet the focus capabilities and other essential requirements of the role. (Refer to the role description for details about the capabilities and the associated behaviour indicators. The role description also lists the essential role requirements.)
• A degree or equivalent relevant to the field of the Agency
• Requirements of a specific medical will need to be met
• Current Australian Driver's Licence and ability to operate four-wheel-drive
• Willingness to fly in a light aircraft
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future temporary roles with similar focus capabilities. The Recruitment Pool may be available to hiring managers from OEH and other NSW Public Sector agencies over a 12 month period.