NEWMONT BODDINGTON GOLD - MECHANICAL FITTER
BODDINGTON, WA, 6390
Newmont Boddington Gold is the largest gold producing mine in Australia and is taking full advantage of innovative, state-of-the-art technology and processing methods. This multi-billion dollar mine will provide the opportunity for you to utilise your skills and experience in a clean and safe mining environment.
Had enough of FIFO? Had enough of long periods away from home? This could be the opportunity for you.
Working at Newmont Boddington Gold Operations you can live locally and go home after every shift or stay in the Village for your swing and DIDO. The site is only 130kms from the Perth CBD and approximately 100kms from the coast.
Chandler Macleod is proud to be partnering with Newmont Boddington Gold to deliver recruitment, labour hire and workforce services. We currently have the following opportunities working on an 8/6/7/7 roster performing 12 hour shifts - a great work/life balance.
Mechanical Fitter: Responsible for maintenance, repair and fabrication of large Process Plant equipment, you will complete all duties in a manner that will minimise risk, maintain a safe working environment and respond to unscheduled and scheduled maintenance work to minimise impact on operations.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* Mechanical Trade Qualification - Mechanical Fitter or associated trade with significant post trade experience
* Experience in the maintenance of mechanical equipment commonly installed in gold Process Plants as well as the ability to multi-skill (i.e. fabrication, machining, hydraulics, pneumatics or welding)
* Extensive Metso MP1000 cone crusher experience is essential
* Preventative maintenance servicing of large process plants
* Hydraulic Systems Diagnostics
* Laser Alignment
* Confined Space
* Working at Heights
* High Risk Licence - Forklift, Elevated Work Platform, Dogging
* Overhead Crane
* Telescopic Materials Handler
* C Class Drivers Licence
* Basic computer skills
* Welding experience
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* HR Class Drivers License
* SAP Experience
* High Risk License with additional tickets (Basic Rigging, Non Slewing Crane, Vehicle Loading Crane)
* Gas Testing
* Senior First Aid Certificate
You will demonstrate your commitment to safety and use your experience and judgment to ensure yourself and your workmates stay safe. Your ability to set good examples of work ethic and integrity together with your positive mind set in dealing with work and people will be highly regarded.
With our commitment to achieving a diverse workforce, we strongly encourage Female, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applications.
If you are interested in teaming up with Chandler Macleod to work at Newmont Boddington Gold in this exciting and industry leading operation, please Apply Now!
Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate professionalism, reliability and medical fitness.