CATER CARE- WOLLONGONG,
WOLLONGONG, NSW, 2500 FULL TIME
Cater Care are seeking an experienced Chef Manager to lead the team at a Brand New Aged Care Facility in Wollongong.
Creating new experiences in Aged Care your role is to design well balanced menus, prepare and serve upmarket food, daily a la carte meals and functions in this brand new 5 Star Resort Style living.
We are looking for a Hotel/Resort Chef to bring their prestige experience into this changing aged care sector. The successful applicant will be responsible for presenting choice and variety of premier meals and provide friendly, attentive and efficient service to our valued residents ensuring focus on comfort and dietary requirements.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the key responsibilities of the role include:
• Preparation of home style meals including hot breakfast, 2 choices and a la carte for lunch and dinner, home made dessert and morning & afternoon tea
• Special diets and diet requirements including allergies/intollerances, vegetarian, supplements and texture modified soft and purees
• Monitoring food and labour costs, ordering stock and stock takes
• Staff Management - training/developing, motivating and leading; disciplining; and rostering and staff replacements
• Monitoring kitchen hygiene, Food Safety practices and NSW Food Authority Audits
• Client and Resident engagement
• Trade qualified Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery
• Previous Managerial experience in medium sized commercial kitchens
• knowledge of Food Safety and ability to learn Accreditation and NSW Food Authority Audits
• A passion for great food and customer service
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Ability to communicate to various stakeholders
Roster: Monday to Friday (commencing October)
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a Hotel or resort environment and looking for challenges of a new and exciting direction within Aged Care. You will be a well presented and self-motivated individual who has excellent organisational and communication skills.
If you are seeking a professional career and great working conditions, this is the position for you!
About the Company:
Cater Care specialises in providing catering services to sectors such as:
Healthcare – Nursing Homes, Retirement Villages
Education – Private Schools, Universities and TAFE Colleges
Business and Industry – Industrial Canteens
Our core values of Care, Pride and Community are values that our people own and believe in and demonstrate throughout all aspects of our business on a daily basis.