HEAD TEACHER TECHNOLOGICAL AND APPLIED STUDIES - ULLADULLA HIGH SCHOOL
WOLLONGONG, NSW, 2500 FULL TIME, PART TIME
Location Illawarra & South Coast
Advertisement Number A900075792
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at $121,778.00. This position attracts a base salary of $109,867.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation.
School Name Ulladulla High School
Principal Network Far South Coast
Staffing Area Batemans Bay
Closing Date 23-Nov-2016, 1:00:00 PM
Job Category TCH Other
Organisation Teaching Service
Ulladulla High School is a large co-educational rural coastal community school (1215 students) on the south coast of NSW, drawing students from a large rural area from Bawley point in the south to Manyana in the north. The school has a very committed school community, executive, teaching and administrative staff who live and work in the community. The school is truly representative of the Ulladulla Community and surrounds. The senior executive staff and teachers are highly committed to innovative learning pedagogy and developing future focused students to ensure students move successfully into their future careers. Our school has immense and sophisticated amenities with a focus on successfully embedding an authentic culture of BYOD. There is a significant enrolment of Aboriginal Students (5.4%) 87 students and the school is committed to promoting its cultural heritage.The local AECG and the school actively collaborate to ensure the educational success of all Aboriginal students in the Ulladulla and Milton Community. We have a highly successful student leadership program including our Student Environment Council, Student Wellbeing system and Student Representative Council.
Specific Selection Criteria
Applicants must satisfy the teacher training and academic qualification requirements for this position. In addition to the general selection criteria;
1.Approval to teach Technology (Mandatory) and approval to teach in one or more of the following: Design and Technology; Food Technology; Industrial Technology-Timber (or) Metal (or) Multimedia; Information Process and Technology; Engineering Studies or Textiles and Design.
2. Demonstrated ability to lead innovative, future focussed practices in the development of quality teaching and learning programs to cater for the needs of all students.
3. Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively as a member of the executive team in leading whole school strategic directions to improve student learning, school learning and community engagement.
4. Highly developed interpersonal, communication and leadership skills to lead a faculty team with a diverse range of skills and experiences.
5. Demonstrated competency to lead staff in the effective implementation of Aboriginal perspectives for all students but in particular to the improved education outcomes for Aboriginal students.
General Selection Criteria
1. Successful teaching experience with capacity to initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
2. Knowledge of curriculum, assessment and student welfare with the ability to lead and design quality, inclusive teaching and learning programs
3. Educational leadership skills to build the capacity and manage the performance of individuals and teams
4. Well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents
5. Ability to plan and manage resources effectively and equitably to support teaching and learning
6. Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies.