DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL – ACCOMMODATION & SHARED LIVING ARRANGEMENTS
THE LORNA HODGKINSON SUNSHINE HOME
BLACKTOWN, NSW, 2148
PART TIME, CASUAL
• Blacktown and Western Sydney area
• Part Time and Casual Roles available
• Up to $26.97/hour (depending on experience) + Super + Tax Benefit
Casuals will receive a 25% loading on top of the base rate
Who we are
Sunshine is a dynamic, values driven organisation that has been supporting people with a disability since 1924. We are passionate and committed to supporting people through person centred approach and to creating possibilities for the people we support to live, grow & develop their own best life. At Sunshine we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We want to provide a ‘life changing’ experience not only for the people we support but for all the people that work with us.
What’s the role about?
We are looking for enthusiastic and innovative people who have a passion for supporting people in their home in a shared living arrangement. We also seek people who understand the importance of supporting and encouraging a continuous connection with family, friends, work and community.
Our ideal candidate
• Has a passion for supporting people to live a good life at home, work and be involved in their communities
• Is empathetic, good listener and resilient
• Has knowledge and experience in Autism and intellectual disability
• Has experience in dealing with challenging behaviours
• Has experience in dealing with Mental health issues
• Can work effectively under pressure and remain calm during crisis situations
• Shares interest like music, dancing, outdoor activities, drawing, riding horses, swimming, attending discos etc.
• Positively engage in self-reflection, be creative and proactive in identifying and responding to change.
• The ability to see the potential in people, show initiative, enjoys working independently and in a team environment
Must be available to work different rostered shifts, weekends, evening shifts and split shifts.
All our staff are required to hold a NSW driver’s license (P2/full), and First Aid Certificate (or be willing to apply for one). As we work with vulnerable people, the successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Police Check.
How to APPLY?
If this sounds like the right place and position for you, send your cover letter addressing the criteria and resume.
Sunshine is an equal opportunity employer and provides a smoke free environment.
- Aged Care Support Worker
- Disability Support Officer
- Aged Care & Disability Worker
- Aged and Disabled Carer
- Aged Care Nurse
TAFE NSW is the leading provider of vocational education and training in Australia. Each year, more than 500,000 students enrol into nationally recognised courses and training, including short courses, certificates, diplomas and degrees.
Whether you’re finishing school, changing your career, returning to work after a break, or whether you’re looking to win that next promotion or even build your business, check out the exciting courses designed to equip you with the skills you need for the job success you want! Find out more https://www.tafensw.edu.au
Become a Mental Health Storyteller!
- A free workshop for young people aged 18-24
- It empowers you to share your story of mental health
- It helps you build skills to be job ready
- It gives you the confidence to own your story
Being Herd, batyr's free mental heal... more
Hints from HR!
The one question a candidate should never ask according to Emma Welch, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Coco Republic. more