SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER
I WORK FOR NSW
WOLLONGONG, NSW, 2500
The Department of Family and Community Services (FACS) directly supports approximately 800,000 people every year and reaches a further million people through local community-based programs.
Our vision is to empower all people to live fulfilling lives and achieve their potential in inclusive communities. We collaborate with government, non-government and community partners to work with children, adults, families and communities to improve lives and realise potential, with a focus on breaking, rather than managing, disadvantage.
About the opportunity
The Senior Customer Service Officer (SCSO) role sits in the CSC and provides support to the Service Support Manager (SSM) and other admin staff with the day-to-day operational functions of the office.The SCSO also provides assistance when required to the Managers and caseworker teams that are located in the office.
There are two (2) ongoing roles in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013.
A Recruitment Pool may be created to fill similar roles for both ongoing and temporary opportunities if and as they arise.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
What we can offer you
- Location - Shellharbour and Wollongong
- FACS Clerk Grade 3/4 Salary range $68,929 to $75,476 pa plus employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading
- 4 weeks annual leave per year of service
- Generous salary packaging options and other fringe benefits
- Flexible work practices
- Opportunities for learning and development and Internal career progression
How to apply
To apply candidates must submit a covering letter (2 pages maximum) which includes a response to the two (2) targeted questions below plus an up-to-date resume which clearly details their skills and experience as relevant to this role.
1. What systems and methods do you use when managing workload that includes competing priorities and deadlines while maintaining accuracy and confidentially.
2. Please detail your experience in delivering a high quality customer service to people with complex needs from various cultural backgrounds.
Part of the assessment process may include additional online capability testing, skills testing or work samples in accordance with the new Government Sector Employment Act 2013, therefore you may be contacted to participate. You will also be asked to complete a Health Declaration Form in later stages of the assessment process.
FACS is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
FACS encourages applications from people with disability and will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
Closing date: Friday 6th October at 11:59 pm
- Customer Service and Sales
- Customer Service Representative
- Customer Service Assistant
TAFE NSW is the leading provider of vocational education and training in Australia. Each year, more than 500,000 students enrol into nationally recognised courses and training, including short courses, certificates, diplomas and degrees.
Whether you’re finishing school, changing your career, returning to work after a break, or whether you’re looking to win that next promotion or even build your business, check out the exciting courses designed to equip you with the skills you need for the job success you want! Find out more https://www.tafensw.edu.au
Become a Mental Health Storyteller!
- A free workshop for young people aged 18-24
- It empowers you to share your story of mental health
- It helps you build skills to be job ready
- It gives you the confidence to own your story
Being Herd, batyr's free mental heal... more
Hints from HR!
The one question a candidate should never ask according to Emma Welch, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Coco Republic. more