WESTMEAD, NSW, 2145
The Sacred Heart represents Christ’s undying love and compassion for humanity. Inspired by the culture and tradition of Mother Cabrini, we aim to deliver an exceptional standard of care by practicing the same love and compassion.
Our Values are derived from our mission and the traditions of Mother Cabrini. We follow Christian philosophy, ethics and moral law.
• Family: The core of our mission is to welcome each person into our Cabrini family. All are valued equally in our eyes and the eyes of God.
• Compassion: The high quality of our care is derived from our desire to help those in need.
• Respect: We uphold reverence for the life and individuality of each and every person.
• Dignity: We strive to promote the integrity of all people as we accompany them on their journey.
The Food Service Assistant is responsible for the provision of quality food and beverages to meet residents’ individual needs and preferences.
1. Assist with the preparation, presentation and serving of meals and drinks, including morning/afternoon teas
2. Prepare and maintain resident dining areas
3. Obtain residents’ daily menu selections and provide this information to kitchen staff
4. Clean utensils, crockery and food preparation/serving areas
5. Assist with the collection of residents’ food and beverage selections
6. Report any hazardous / malfunctioning equipment immediately to management
7. Actively participate in any discussions relating to Work Health and Safety
8. Identify and communicate opportunities for service improvement within Cabrini
9. Provide high-quality customer service to all external and internal customers
10. Ensure all behaviour, communications and documentation are consistent with relevant legislation; Cabrini Vision, Mission and Values and policies and procedures, including the Code of Conduct, Philosophy of Care, Privacy and Confidentiality, Work Health Safety, Quality Management, Bullying and Harassment, etc.
11. Undertake other duties as directed commensurate with skills, knowledge and experience.
• Hospitality Services Manager
• All staff
• Residents and their families.
Requirements, Education, Qualifications and Registrations
Essential • Food Handling Course
• Experience in residential aged care food services
• Excellent customer service skills
• Commitment to ongoing professional development.
Desirable • Knowledge of dietary requirements of the elderly.
current police check